Wednesday, February 8, 2012

First House

We have moved to our first 'real' home. It only took me 12 years to get to this point and quite honestly, it's really all thanks to an amzing husband who is such a wonderful provider. Compared to where we were living, this is 1000 times better. Granted, there were really no 'house' bills to pay, we were blessed in having that kind of opportunity to get to where we are now. From a 'cave' to a home that has so much natural light that I only need to turn on the lights in the evening. We have a two car garage and a full un-finished basement, which also has a set of french doors AND a full size double window! The kitchen is nice and functional and we have a dishwasher! I wash pots and pans and my daughters dishes by hand still, but Oh My, we can use more than two plates and bowls and just put them in the dishwasher and still have more to use. We dont have a formal dining room, but more of like a dining area or eat-in kitchen and it's spacious. The living room is small compared to the rest of the house, like the builder was focusing on a large kitchen instead, but I honestly cant wait until we get at least the den complete downstairs, because this is just the right size for a living room/sitting room without a tv; just for conversating with friends and family.
We even have a small view of broadway and surrounding area, not grande, but its nice.
The three bedrooms are all a good size, two rooms have queen size beds with room to definately spare and my daughters room has two twin size beds, plus a playpen she is currently sleeping in until her 2nd birthday. The hall/guest/my daughters bathroom is huge with a double sink with lots of space. Its a long bathroom. The master bathroom is kinda small, but hey, we have two bathrooms and one is all our own.
The front porch is small, but its our small front porch and did I mention all the sun the front of the house gets?
Moving is very stressful for me. Ive done it quite a bit in the last 12 years. I think living in our previous place for 2 1/2 years was the longest Ive ever stayed in one place. Luckily, this time around, I didnt get as stressed as I normally do and we have accumulated many more things. I like the unpacking part and packing certain things, but all the rest is just...so...anoying...thank goodness we wont have to do that again for a very, very long time.
Ive debated on painting, but I think it can wait until I get tired of all white walls. I already have a color palet in mind and on paper, I just dont feel its necessary and I like the clean fresh feeling of white walls in a brand new home.
Most things have been unpacked and we are slowly getting pictures and such on the walls. I made the curtains for the living room, dining area and my duaghters room and the only room that still needs some work is the spare room, which may become a baby room sooner than later :)
The town we live in is small. It seems like its kinda 'country ghetto' if that makes sense. When I got to the Food Lion, people a bit younger than I are dressed in what looks like loungewear or just not put together well (sweat pants and sweat shirt that doesnt match). If you have ever living in a small town, you know where Im getting. Its alright, I just need to get used to it coming from near a big city, bigger than Harrisonburg, VA.
Anyway, I think I will really enjoy living here. I think it will grow on me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment