Thursday, February 17, 2011

What the other side thinks of the other side thinks of the other side...

Envy-a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regards to another's advantages, success, possessions, etc.
Jealousy-feeling resentment of someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages.

I have often thought to myself that I am so thankful for all that I have in life. It has been such a bumpy road...wait...I take that back. Its been a hell of a ride to get where I am today. Not just bumpy, but trenches to mountains with little break in between. Things finally began to look up in the spring of 2007, but before then...sheesh...
I have a lovely family with a wonderful, sacrificing husband to make the world a better place for his new little family, a beautiful daughter whom I love more than anyone, and I mean anyone on this earth, a strong supportive family, and two of the best friends one could ever imagine. (I Love You Crackback and BQ). I have a roof over my head that's rent free in a nice place in MD, a car to drive, food to eat, clothes to wear and other things that I could probably live without. What more could someone ask for, right?
That's where the above words come in to play. I know I have all these things and Im so thankful for them, or am I really as thankful and grateful as I say I am when I want other things. I want a career, I want a house to call our home; a place to raise my daughter, I want to live in the mountainous area of mid Virginia, I want, I want....
These are all things that as a human, we all strive to have. I should be content with what I have now. I am, but the need for these things are strong.
I feel just a bit of jealousy and a pinch of envy when I see others with the things I want. I brought this up to my best friend BQ and another friend AW. You know what they told me?
"We wish we could have what you have. We are looking for that man to marry and have a family. It's hard to have it all."
And then the realization really hit me, that no matter what side of the fence people are on, we want what we dont have. We truly do want it all and are fairly aweful at really excepting that what we do have is a blessing, whereas there are so many people in our world who do not even have a fraction, NOT A FRACTION, of what we have been blessed with. (Meaning if you are reading this, then you are one of those that Im talking about. You're on a computer aren't you?)
I will, therefore, always try my best to be thankful for what I do have. I know that with patience and the belief that God has a plan for my 'lil family and I, I will eventually have that house and a career living in the mountains of mid-Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment